Thursday, October 31, 2013

Module Ten Video Reviews

The two videos that I chose to watch were "African Art", and "Buddhism". I chose to watch the video "African Art" because this kind of art is interesting to me because of the meaning and culture that is behind every piece of art. A lot of the art comes off as "exotic" in a way and that interests me. Some key concepts of this video were that art is a part of daily for people in Africa. Sculptures, masks, architecture, ornaments, clothing, and utensils are all forms of art that are created and used on a daily basis. Also, religious beliefs in Africa are explored through the use of rituals, which is a performance art. Prehistoric rock art is also a form on African Art because of the nature behind it. This video relates to the text because they both stress the importance of the Nile River and the importance of sculptures and masks within the African Culture. I thought this video was very informational and it helped me to visualize and learn more about the African culture and how art was played into it. The other video I watched was "Buddhism", and I chose to watch this video because after reading a little about it in the textbook, I wanted to know more. Some of the key concepts in this video were that the birth of Buddhism was seen through architecture and art. Buddhism eventually spread throughout other lands and many people were beginning to follow the beliefs behind Buddhism, The Bodh Gaya represents the fact and legend of Buddhism and is the largest Buddhism shrine available. This video related to the text book because they both went into detail about how influential Buddhism was, especially with its relevance to art. Buddhism enlightened many people. I thought that this video was extremely interesting because I think it's important for people to know about the different belief systems that were around in the past. It was also a good representation of how important the use o f certain art influenced the Buddhist people and followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment