Thursday, December 5, 2013

Reflection of AED 200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met? My expectations for this course was to learn more about the different stlyes of art, be introduced to some new artists, and learn how to use different forms fo technology that relate to art. My expectations were met due to the number of projects that were required using new technolgies. I also learned a lot about different artists while reading the textbook and doing the discussion posts. 2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your intial posting? Art is a visual representation of emotions and feelings/beliefs. This is a little different from what I thought in the beginning of the course but overall it is generally the same. I learned that artists are very skilled and creative people who can transform their feelings into a visual form for people to see. Not many people can do that successfully. 3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so? In my first original posting, I did not have a specific favorite artist because I was not really aware of many. After this course, I would have to say that one of my favorite artists would be Michaelangelo because most of his works are so interesting and I find myself interpreting them in many different ways. It's interesting to me to be able to add my thoughts of what an art work is, to the actual descriptions of the art work itself. 4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different? My answer is the same as it was in my first post. I enjoy taking online classes because I can work at my own pace. I am currently a serving manager at a small restaurant so I work almost 40 hours a week plus going to school full time. It's easier for me to focus on my school work when I can do so at my own time. It is a little difficult if you don't understand something, however most professors who teach online classes are usually very quick to respond if I had any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment